Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lady Gaga settle into Madonna's country lifestyle


Lady Gaga is house hunting in the Hamptons, says the N.Y. Daily News.
I find this oddly disturbing. Buying a place in the Hamptons is about the most boringly haute bourgeois thing a newly rich person can do. Shouldn't Lady Gaga prefer, you know, living over a sweatshop in Hong Kong, or in a Fortress of Solitude in the High Arctic, or in Tehran? Someplace as preposterous as her costumes?
The Hamptons! Next she'll be having kids and gardening! Not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess, but does she realize how she has just punctured her own image balloon?
Also, Madonna has a house in the Hamptons, so the Gagster will be accused of copycatting Madge yet again.
Still, it does sound like a nice house, the one she's been looking at in Sagaponack: $26 million U.S. worth of newly built "English country style" with eight bedrooms, eight baths, a "recreational pavilion," a wine room, a media room, sauna, pool, sunken tennis court, and a "restored 18th century barn."
Pink, the singer, is "seriously sore" but otherwise OK after an accident onstage in Nurnberg, Germany the other night.
Something went wrong when a harness was supposed to lift her up over the crowd, and instead it dragged her into a steel barricade.
Ever the trouper, she Tweeted from the ambulance:
"To all my nurnberg fans -- I am so-so so sorry to end the show that way. I am embarrassed and very sorry. I'm in ambulance now but I will b fine.
"didn't get clipped in2 harness correctly, drug me offstage, fell in2 barricade. Getting xrays. I hope it at least looked cool!!!"
Later she updated: "OK all my lovers out there nothings broken, no fluid in the lungs, just seriously sore. "
You fool, you've missed your chance to buy Roy Rogers's horse!
Remember my item about Trigger, stuffed, going up for auction? Well, now it's happened, and the winning bidder is Nebraska TV executive Steve Campione. For about $300,000 U.S. he snapped up Trigger and the TV cowboy's late stuffed dog Bullet as well.
I was having a nice little fantasy about Steve getting home and breaking the news to his wife, but it turns out these priceless cultural artifacts are not for his living room. His company wants to start a Roy Rogers museum.
Lifestyles of the rich and stoned: Nick Cage, told David Letterman the other night about the time long ago when his cat got into the fridge where the actor's "magic" mushrooms were stored: " ... The cat ate them voraciously, so I thought what the heck, I better do it with him. I remember lying on my bed for hours and Lewis was on the desk across my bed and we just stared at each other for hours not moving, just staring at each other, and I had no doubt that he was my brother."
He says he's now been drug free for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment