Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lady Gaga "worshipped" Madonna has her whole life

Lady Gaga "worshipped" Madonna has her whole life.

The ‘Edge Of Glory' hitmaker is a popular style of music that the singer has been compared she explained also feels "connected to and inspired by" the likes of Barbra Streisand, Cher and Blondie.

Sonisphere Festival

She told The Advocate magazine: "They're my sisters. I feel so connected to Madonna in a lot of ways, and I feel connected to Barbra, and I feel connected to Cher and Blondie and all of the women who came before me.

"I worshipped them my whole life, and I would never be where I am today without all of them to inspire me. I feel so grateful that I have such strong women to look up to."

It appears that Blondie frontwoman Debbie Harry, who recently to the American music scene a breath of fresh air to have a mutual admiration of Lady Gaga will be.

She said: "Gaga is truly talented and slightly mad. I find her encouraging.

"It's such a conservative period in the US. We have even had attempts at censorship, which I find appalling and terrible. Artists like Gaga are necessary during periods like this."

No comments:

Post a Comment